Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tiffany Tablescape

No tablescape excitement this week at the Ranch so I thought I would revisit one of my favorite parties.  If I had known then about Tablescape Thursdays, I would have taken much better photos.  Welcome to the Breakfast at Tiffany's Brunch.....


The gift bags on the buffet mimicked Holly's croissant bag in the opening scene. I believe I've mentioned my habit of taking a theme and driving it into the ground.  Inside, a styrophone coffe cup filled with coffee beans and a copy of Among the Porcupines by Carol Matthau.  She was Capote's inspiration for Holly Golightly.  It's a great read!


That's Holly looking through the window at us having Brunch at Tiffany's.  I mainly did this as a means to disguise the construction going on across the street and it turned out pretty cool.  Those are rhinestone necklaces around the napkins - really cheap! The invites arrived in a faux Tiffany gift box.  I rolled up a slip of paper with all the particulars inside a rhinestone ring.  This was so much fun - and to my "usual suspects," thanks for the memories!

Thanks Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Martha said...

What a clever idea for a party -- I may have to steal that!

D.B. said...

I really hope you do Martha. So much fun! I had the BAT soundtrack playing and the movie muted in the other room. Scrambled eggs w/smoke salmon, mimosas, and friends contributed the sides and dessert.

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

What an artistic idea for a treat!

You're such a good & warm host.

Greetings from a snowy Stockholm.
xoxo

Nancy "Sulky" said...

OMG, can't let this one get by without comment!!! I have such fond memories of the Audrey party!! Love the additions to the entry. I'm not a "blue" person, but you continue to draw me to the it's finer qualities in decorating. Hummn, need to go to Home Goods when in Nashville.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

Merisi said...

I am smitten, what a wonderful idea!
I used to take one of my daughters to Sak's and Tiffany's in Chevy Chase, Md (just outside DC), on the last afternoon before Christmas. These are such fond memories and I may just give a Tiffany's brunch for her next birthday. Thank you for the inspiration!

annie said...

Love this post! Can't wait to have this party eventually!!!