Monday, February 15, 2010

Enter the Ranch

"Come in this house!" This phrase, along with "Bless her heart....." are among my favorite Southern expressions.  The Entry at the Ranch is the only space I consider (unless I've been staring at it awhile) as complete.  Many of my favorite things are here, the longed for trumeau mirror, urn, chinoiserie buffet, and buffet lamps I've managed to hang on to over the years.  A few of my favorite things all in one place.


The tile is an eyesore but given the build date of 1969, it could be much worse.   Let's focus on more pleasant things....



I can't wait to replace the "evergreens" with a spring bouquet!
I love this trumeau......I plan on taking it with me to "Assisted Living."



And today's floral offering.........


This seemed appropriate for the black and  white landscape of February.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew some super-dear people when I was a little girl and the husband always said heartily, "Come in this house!". What precious people. They were so good to my family as we had just transplanted to Oklahoma from Sacramento. Uncle Arthur and Aunt Grace...bless their hearts ;)

Southern Lady said...

D.B., thank you for taking the time to comment on my urn post at Southern Lagniappe. I'm so glad it led me to the beautiful picture of your foyer and that exquisite urn! I can see why it's your favorite. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it for spring!

Preston Benjamin said...

D.B., residents of the assisted living will definitely love it.