Monday, May 3, 2010

Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have inquired about our status here in Nashville.  We are warm, safe and dry and have electricity once again!  It was a wild ride.  Here are a few shots I took.



This was taken from the front porch looking at the vacant lot next to us.  I think this is why it's a vacant lot.  There's a drainage ditch there somewhere.


Looking out to the street.  The water is cascading over our drive.


The view out the back door.  Look closely and you will see 2 geese who temporarily moved it.  I had been kidding about just such an occurrence and then they actually showed up!

What to do stuck inside without power?  Play Monopoly by head lamp of course!  Jack prefers to call it Binopoly.


This is how he feels about being electronically deprived.  I sincerely hope you are enjoying nice weather where you are.  It is an unbelievably gorgeous day here!

6 comments:

Martha said...

I thought about you -- am glad that you're all right -- but geesh, that water IMO would have been too close!

And it is no fun to be without electric!!!! But thank heaven it wasn't too cold or too hot -- THAT is definitely no fun if you don't have electric!

Laura said...

How are you doing?
The weather reports don't sound good.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Hope power is restored soon, if not already, and the rains/flooding aren't too devastating. Take care!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you guys are doing well and keeping yourselves occupied. See you here in a little over a week :)

Anita Diaz said...

Wow, glad you are ok! The sister of our organist at church lost her home, so we are trying to help her out. I can't believe you have some of those plates, lol!! Thanks for stopping by:-)

Merisi said...

I am late to catch up on your blog, but I am sure glad you escaped the worst! We were following the news with trepidation, thinking of you and everybody out there.