Monday, May 24, 2010

Blue Gardenia


My mother always grew a gardenia bush wherever we lived.  How she did this successfully in Wichita Falls, TX and Edmond, Oklahoma (Hard Country), I'll never know.  I do know it was the flower in her wedding corsage and a flower I have been enamored with all my life.  I would cut them and float them in a bowl by my bed.


I planted one at The Ranch about 2 weeks ago and I already have a bloom!






And yes, of course there is an old black and white movie by the name The Blue Gardenia starring Ms. Anne Baxter (1953).  As an extra bonus, Nat King Cole singing "Blue Gardenia."  I'm in heaven.

I'm celebrating Blue Monday with Smiling Sally!

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

It's a lovely bloom; I can understand how it was your mom's favorite. Happy Blue Monday.

ilovepink1078 said...

it reminder us of the goodness and beauty created.

Pink Go Green
MAPEH homepage

Martha said...

I love gardenias but they are not for the prairie!