Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If Wishes Were Horses....

house wishes, that is.....
I would have the largest paddock in the land!  It has been a bit frustrating to be in a rental, simply because I have so many ideas that involve permanent changes to the house and a bit of a $$$ investment on our part .......which ain't happenin'.  I have decided that Wednesdays at The Ranch will now be Wish Wednesday.  I would "host" such an event but the fact that I even have a blog is amazing.  To quote a friend, "Blog? That's a pretty big word for you, isn't it?" Also, something called Mr. Linky is involved and that's almost as disturbing as me giving names and personalities to my statuary.

Anyway, my wish this Wednesday -


I sketch, I don't do to-scale drawings.  I would have built-in cabinetry for china, serving pieces, etc, drawers for flatware, napkins, tableclothes.....you get the idea.  That's a mini banquette between the storage units with sconces.  Cozy!  I could hide there to read a book.  I don't think anyone would notice me lounging behind the table.  I have a "few" books and could also use the storage to house them. Or perhaps instead of cabinet doors, that would be open shelving for my library.  That's the dream anyway.  Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

D.B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

I like what is there!!!! But I like Wish Wednesday -- my wish is to have a Butler's Pantry at Linderhof -- alas, there is no way but it is one thing that I do wish Linderhof had! But it's too small a house for something so grand as a Butler's Pantry!

Anonymous said...

I love wish wednesday! Let your mind dream big :)

Merisi said...

Oh the frustrations with rentals, I empathize with your blight! ;-)