Sunday, January 9, 2011

Painting Fever/Fervor

Yesterday dawned gray and snowy (yay).  My husband left for tennis and I found myself with an unopened can of paint and my favorite radio station "flashing back" to 1972.  Perfect painting conditions!  So to the sounds of Todd Rundgren, Pure Prairie League, early Rod Stewart etc.  I went to work.




I had originally wanted to paint the Kitchen/Bistro an apple green but couldn't find just the right color.........til now! The magic of Wheat Grass (Sherwin Williams).  It looks so much better than the yellow I chose, which by the way, was called Oklahoma Wheat (Benjamin Moore).  Another theme emerges!  At least I'm consistent in my choice of grains, if nothing else.  I've been keeping the rest of the kitchen a secret, but I now feel comfortable in sharing -




Veeery "efficient."  It really does meet all my needs EXCEPT a double oven would be wonderful!  Did I mention I was kitchen spoiled in my previous life?


What a great morning.  I also got to hear Michael Murphy's Geronimo's Cadillac!  Wow, I was immediately transported back to my brother's waterbed, complete with Pier One IMPORTS batik bedspread, listening to the Cosmic Cowboy album on his"hi-fi."  Where were you in "72"?




7 comments:

Olive said...

I was ten in 72 and I have no idea what I was doing but I do love the music. I long for double ovens every Christmas myself. It is going to snow here in a few hours. The Wheat Grass is looking mighty good. Stay warm.

The Boston Lady said...

Double Ovens would be wonderful and I was 13 in '72 and I remember "Crocodile Rock" as my anthem at that awkward age. Your kitchen looks great! Ann

Claroscureaux said...

What were you frying, baloney for a sandwich? I haven't had that in years. So much of what I used to eat as a kid (fish, liver) I just can't do anymore.

I used to hound my mom to get Wonder bread instead of the local one (Evangeline Maid) because of the deceptive packaging, I was convinced the bread inside was spotted yellow, blue and red.

Town and Country Gals said...

Dana,
Your kitchen looks great with the wheat grass. Hope you are enjoying our snow!
Rebecca

Anita Diaz said...

Well I was in second grade. We had a green/yellow painted kitchen and orange melmac plates. Loved the 70s. Hey, I was kitchen-spoiled in my last house too, lol. I can join that club! LOVE that color. You are amazing!!

Anita Diaz said...

Ok so now I finally got to see the "front room" and wow what can I say! LOVE the green color with the blue. Love the drapes too. I expect nothing less than to be wowed over here at the ranch and you never disappoint! It reminds me of Veranda magazine.

Town and Country Gals said...

Dana,
Thanks for visiting! I'm a mug girl even though I've picked up some beautiful cups and saucers here and there. I just love the feel of them (and the amount of coffee you can get at one time without a refill)!
Rebecca