Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Project One, CHECK!

I have been waiting for the sun to come out to show you the front room.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - WHEAT GRASS!!!








This color is so lovely.  It changes all the time.  At one point, the Middle One couldn't tell I had painted - it goes a subtle gold in the early evening.


Look how much better the blue and white looks!


It's really not this intense in person.  My husband finds it soothing, I find it cheerful - win/win!


Thank you Verizon for my rebate, which provided funding for the paint.  The only problem, I had a whole can of unopened paint left over!  What to do?  Waste not, want not, right?  Kitchen tour tomorrow!




11 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Looks great, a nice warm colour that shows your lovely things off so well - excellent choice!
Best wishes
Rose H

Olive said...

I love it and you are right the blue and right pops.

walnutandvine said...

Dana,
I knew you would love it! It looks fabulous with the other colors in your room! The blue and white really pops against it. I vote for you to paint mine next! (lol!)
Rebecca

E. Charlotte said...

Love that color!!! Well chosen indeed! :) It makes me happy just looking at it.

Carol said...

Dana, it looks stunning! So elegant!

Laura said...

I love the way you blue and white looks against that color.
How long did it take you to paint?

Laura

Martha said...

I really like that color -- it's very pretty and it does make the blue "pop" (to use that trite expression!)

erin's art and gardens said...

love, LOVE the wheat grass paint color!! AND the sunshine...it was nice while it lasted and now it looks like we are in for some more snow! whee......i wonder if your kids will have snow days next week?

Sarah said...

Wonderful color, beautiful room!

Kim said...

Okay, seriously I thought there was no way you could improve on this already spectacular room. But, I'm completely blown away. You had me at hello.
xoxo,
Kim

Kim said...

I forgot to ask... can I please move in? Ha!